Friday, September 23, 2011

Luke 7:13

"When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry."

This was Jesus showing compassion to a woman whose son had died and they were having his funeral. He saw her broken heart. She probably had already lost all hope and didn't know that Jesus had even seen her. Jesus heard her cry and had compassion for her in her lowest time. I have not been to that low but I know there are people that have. Jesus sees all our hurt and wants to have compassion on us. He wants to mend our hearts from all the pain and afflictions. We may feel like Jesus isn't even looking at our situation but he is. He sees all our pain. He wants to be our deliverer. It reminded me of that song "my deliverer is coming, my deliverer is standing by." He is standing by waiting to catch us, heal us, and carry us. Have you ever had your kids say I love you this much and they hold out their arms as wide as they can? Imagine God saying it and stretching out his arms as wide as he can...its almost unimaginable how far his arms can reach. But he loves us that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment