Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Discouragement

Oh I was reading the Bible tonight and this really stuck out to me...
Jeremiah 15:18 "Why is my pain unending and my wound grievous and incurable? Will you be to me like a deceptive brook, like a spring that fails?"

The Lord said, "If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless words, you will be my spokesman. Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them. I will make you a wall to these people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will not overcome you, For I am with you to rescue and save you."

Have you ever or even now had a wound in your heart from someone or something? An aching from a broken relationship, rejection, or failure? Have you cried out to God in agony for him to rescue you and you still feel that the wound just won't heal? God says if you repent...and this means really repent for your role in it (this could be just mere unforgiveness in your heart towards the person) then he will rescue you and save you. He will heal those wounds, he will carry those burdens, and he will save you. We want God to take hurt away immediately but usually what keeps us from attaining relief is the unforgiveness and inability on our part to repent. I know what your thinking cause I have had the same thoughts before...THEY did this to me...I didn't ask for it so why should I forgive them? Well its as simple as this....until you forgive that person God can't forgive you. He can't help your heart to heal until he has full access to it. If you have one ounce of bitterness towards that person then he doesn't have your whole heart. Until you lay it down fully and allow him to pick it up your heart will always ache. It will remain broken. Then it begins to eat at you like a cancer and totally change you. I know this because I have experienced it...It is so hard to forgive someone we feel is undeserving but what we have to remember is God forgives us and not one of us is deserving. He even gave his only son as a sacrifice in order to forgive our sins. You can forgive...and when you fully forgive...you will fully be healed....

No comments:

Post a Comment