Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Food for thought =)

Sorry I missed my blog last night... I think the mere exhaustion caught up with me!! I have had a lot of things on my mind lately. One of the things I have been thinking about is the food we eat. Almost every person I encounter has the same ailments....high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, heartburn etc....I started thinking...God created us...thus he must have created us to survive disease or at least be able to ward off disease. Mom shared a scripture with me on Sunday that really confirmed my thoughts with scripture...Daniel 1:8 says,
"But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way. 9 Now God had caused the official to show favor and compassion to Daniel, 10 but the official told Daniel, “I am afraid of my lord the king, who has assigned your[a] food and drink. Why should he see you looking worse than the other young men your age? The king would then have my head because of you.”
 11 Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, 12 “Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.” 14 So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.
 15 At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. 16 So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.
So it was confirmed to me that God created all these wonderful foods of the earth for us to make us strong and able to ward of disease. All these diseases that people have today are all diet related. It is a known fact that cholesterol can only be obtained in animal based products...what causes heart disease...cholesterol. Cholesterol cannot be obtained in vegetables or fruits.. I just found it interesting that God reinterates that we need to be conscious of what we eat. Not saying that everyone should go vegetarian but be aware of how much bad food we eat. Because we can prevent and reverse disease. Just a thought!!

No comments:

Post a Comment