Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ecclesiastes 7:8

"The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride."

I read this at first and did not quite get it but I re-read it and then it hit me...When we start a journey that the Lord leads us on the beginning is sometimes rough...tough decisions, outcomes, and a testing of faith usually. When things don't go our way...pride sets in. "I don't need them or this situation." You start rationalizing with the flesh instead of listening to the Holy Spirit. Sometimes we veer off course because the end result is not happening in our time. We want the end NOW...but what I realized and keep telling myself is this...if we allow God to work, have patience and faith that he knows best...the end will be sweeter than we imagined. I have been struggling with this in a certain area of my life but lately I have just thanked God for knowing what I need now and in the future and trusting Him to bring it to pass. He will always do what he promises and whats best. I love that he is in control of everything so I don't have to worry about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment