Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Choosing your words wisely =)

Proverbs 10:21
"The lips of the righteous nourish many, but fools die for lack of sense."

I have learned the hard way about putting my foot in my mouth so to speak. There was a time (I know this is a shocker =) ) that I really didn't care what came out of my mouth. I felt everyone was entitled to my opinion =) and then later regreted what I had said. I really never put much thought into if my words lifted people up or if they tore them down. God has really dealt with me in this area. I have to pause now and examine whether or not my words are Godly and encouraging. Even how I address my kids....we all go through stressors in life and the attitude/tone we take with our children can mean the difference in whether they feel loved or like an inconvienance. I want my kids to feel like they brighten my day just by getting to talk to them. A wise person is slow to speak, quick to listen, and slow to anger. I never want to tear someone down with my words...there is no excuse because we choose our words. We can choose not to say them and choose to keep our trap shut =) Our words can kill us. Negativity, strife, contention, and selfishness can slowly eat away at our relationships, cause stress, and most of all displease God. Choose your words wisely, listen, and encourage people you encounter. It has done wonders for me. I am not stressed...I am probably the happiest I have ever been in my life and its all because of my relationship with Jesus. I want people to know that he is the absolute center of my life and the reason I have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment