Thursday, September 15, 2011

Like Water off a Ducks Back =)

Proverbs 12:16
"Fools show their annoyance at once but the prudent overlook an insult."

Been lovin me some Proverbs this week. So many lessons that make a whole lot of sense but we seem to convienently overlook them. This was another struggle of mine...shocker..you all get to find out about a lot of my short comings. How many times a day do we have confrontations with people...how many times do we let people or situations stress us out...oh man I used to a lot...Just driving down the road...the person in front of me never knew how to drive in my opinion..either they were slow as grandpa on a Sunday drive or were a maniac cause they were going to fast...you all can relate I know. I used to react immediately to every situation. I stayed stressed out!! I remember God humbling me one day real quick..I was on my way to class in Harrogate. I was at my exit on the interstate and the light to turn was green...so I was flying to make the light. Well the car in front of me was stopped at a green light!! I was getting so mad that the car would not go...I remember totally bad mouthing her in my mind..I even honked the horn...when she finally turned I saw the reason she had stopped...it wasn't cause she wasn't paying attention..it wasn't cause she was on the phone...it was because she had stopped to give money to a homeless person on the side of the road =( I felt like a big loser...I remember knowing that was God saying....you need to calm down.!!! She was actually doing something God would want her to do and I was being horrible..I remember repenting immediately..The point to this rant is that if we overreact to every situation immediately we are only harming ourselves and displeasing God. Let the little stuff roll off your back...most of the time we blow it up way bigger than it is anyways. Be a servant...react in love..and let God humble us. You will find that you will be more happy than ever before. I am...and I'm not just saying that...I truly am the happiest I have ever been in my life..and its all because I am allowing God full control over my life. I am seeking him daily and have laid down my life for him to do his will in and through it. I love him wholeheartedly and want to please him wholeheartedly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment