Sunday, August 21, 2011

Romans 8:28

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

We all make mistakes. We all have times when we wish we could have a "do over." I know I do. I have made my fair share of screw ups in my day that I would give anything to go back and do it differently. I had asked Gods forgiveness over and over but still felt I wasnt forgiven. It took a long time but God showed me that it wasn't that He hadn't forgiven me, it was that I wasn't forgiving myself. I felt that I was unworthy of his forgiveness even though I knew what his word said. He showed me that even though the sins I had committed were horrible, thats why he gave his Son. Jesus died a horrible death so we would be able to lay all our sins at the foot of the cross and leave them there. What is consistent in his word is his Grace. His Grace allows us to take those mistakes and turn them into good for his name sake. There are numerous people in the Bible that made huge mistakes that God turned into good. God likes for us to prevent these sins before they occur but He also is quick to forgive us when we fall short. Although I wish I had never committed those sins, I now know that I never want to go through those things again. I am maturing in being the woman, mother, and companion that God is calling me to be. I will always strive to be a woman of integrity and to please God in every aspect of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment