Sunday, August 28, 2011

Gods Promises

My Sunday usually consists of the same thing. Mom wakes me up early cause if she's up then everyone should be too =), I have my coffee, and I watch Joel Osteen before I get ready to go to church. Today Joel was talking about God fulfilling his promises to us even when we give up or don't believe. He places those promises in our hearts. So after I watched Joel I was reading the bible and looked up what God says about his promises. This is what I found and its so amazing how God confirms everything through his Word.

Joshua 23:14
"Now I am about to go the way of all the Earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.

NOT ONE HAS FAILED!!! Because God does not fail!! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! He never fails us. We can count on his promises.

Jeremiah 31:33
"This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time declares the Lord. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I WILL BE THEIR GOD and THEY WILL BE MY PEOPLE."

Luke 1:45
"Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her."

God fulfills his promises he makes, he never fails, he does what he says he is going to do, and we can't stop him. All he asks of us is to allow him full reign in our lives, trust in that he knows and wants the absolute best for us, and he wants us as we are. He has an outstretched arm... not a fist. He loves us more than anyone can.

Psalm 73:26 says, "My flesh and my heart may fail but GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
1 John 3:20 says, "If our hearts condemn us we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment