Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Attitude Romans 15:5

"May the God who gives you endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had."

Attitude.....hmmm...Sometimes its the hardest thing to tame when it comes to dealing with people. Your attitude can make or break you in most instances. Sometimes it is really trying to be nice to someone that has taken everything from you except your birthday. I pray daily that God will give me the attitude he wants me to have and also put his hand over my mouth =) A lot of times though, even when the other persons attitude is awful, you can ward off problems by approaching the situation with a good attitude. It sorta throws the other person off and allows God to deal with the situation. We can do all things through Christ that strengthens us if we give him the opportunity. So we need to react in Love even when we feel like they deserve way less cause God will bless us for it.
Another instance is with your spouse and kids. The people we have the worst attitudes with are the ones we love the most. God wants us to approach our loved ones with a servents heart. Ask yourself, "what can I do to make my spouse or children know I love them?" "what attitude will show them they mean more to me than myself?" "What can I do for them today?"If you do, you will find that not only will they approach you with the same attitude but God will bless you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment