Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Psalm 37:4-5

"Delight yourself in the Lord; and He WILL give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in HIM, and He WILL do it."

My sister Michelle gave me a 16month planner as a gift the other day and it's also a compilation of the book of Psalms. Each day there is a new verse. It really touched my heart because its exactly the amount of time I have til graduation, ending just a couple weeks after. So after seeing the very first verse, Psalm 37:4-5, I really felt that not only was this a personal gift from my wonderful sissy but a gift from God. So I prayed and told God that I will dedicate this span of time to him. I know he has my whole life but I felt that this was a time frame to really seek him and to make certain the desires of my heart meet the desires of his. I made a commitment to trust in him to put those desires there and to commit my ways to him. I know that this will be a time of growth and a renewing of my spirit. MY eyes are locked on him and I can't wait to see the end result. Because what God speaks, he will do. His word is set! I also vow to be a woman of faith. I know the things he has spoke and shown me and I have had a really trying time just trusting fully but from this day forward I will put every ounce of faith in those promises. My God is faithful =)

No comments:

Post a Comment