Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Isaiah 61:10-11

"I will sing for joy in God, explode in praise from deep in my soul. He dressed me up in a suit of salvation, he outfitted me in a robe of rigteousness, as a bridegroom who puts on a tuxedo and a bride a jeweled tiara. For the Earth bursts with spring wildflowers, and as a garden cascades with blossoms, so the Master, God, brings righteousness into full bloom and puts praise on display for nations." MSG

I was reading this scripture today and often times if I have trouble understanding it specifically I will look at other versions such as The Message. I really liked this interpretation.
It pretty much says that God doesn't do anything halfway....He likes to show off =) He likes beautiful things and to transform ugly into beauty. When we see drab, dirty, filthy garments...He takes those away and clothes us with beautiful robes of righteousness and salvation...How great is that? And if thats not enough he shows it off to the entire world. He doesn't do anything halfway.
This also made me realize that in everything we do we need to go all out...don't become lazy...but do everything with everything we have and make it shine so people will know God is behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment